The amazing race

Friday 18 October 2013

So, I'm going for a spin class this morning

BEFORE THE SPIN CLASS
So, I'm going for a spin class this morning and I am a wee bit nervous and excited. It will last for 60 mins and includes core exercise. So I am presuming that 45 mins of it will be the hard core spin bit and the remaining 15 mins will be core...or who knows...maybe the last 15 mins will be the core whilst spinning bit just in case some of us show some signs of life.I will of course update this blog on how I went with the spinning and did I make it or not but my plan is to do my best and if I cannot really do it then hey it is not the end of the world.

Food wise, I thought that I did okay yesterday and although I was not in the calorie range I had specified, I ate really well and was a lot more conscious with my portions in comparison to other times when I do not think and just go on eating. I am aware that I need to drink more water than I did yesterday. I think I might have just had around 1.5 liters or thereabouts. But that is just the feedback from yesterday.

Although I will be having fortnightly weigh ins, I have a weekly weigh-in next week because I have a physical exam associated with the study I am participating in. Then I have another meeting the week after which makes it a weekly weigh-in for the next two weeks. Although I hate weigh-ins I am not dreading these. I have accepted that they need to be done and might as well go willingly rather than kicking and screaming particularly when the goal is to get me to be healthy.

AFTER SPIN CLASS
I survived.....Yeah!!!
The class was hard. I expected to find myself slumped over the bike but I made it. I did my best and did it. Right after the class I wandered around walking for about an hour and then 2 tram stops away from home, I suddenly felt my muscles begin to whine and I felt my glutes and calves and thighs and finally decided to hop on a tram.
I was also so hungry that I could not wait to put my food together (note to self: always keep the food ready) and so I ended up buying 3 brown rice sushi rolls, one banana and one yoghurt without sugar and one of my Optifast bars which is a lot I know but I was so hungry and I am so happy that even though I went to the Super market and saw chocolates and other things, I walked away without buying them and made a little promise to myself that the next time I crave chocolate when I am at the supermarket, I will buy berries or anything healthy whatever the cost.

I am feeling happier than before. I feel relaxed and it was weird that when things got a bit hard at the spin class, I just kept chanting to myself that I can do it. The repetition helped a little bit in giving me something to focus on.

FOOD
My eating was good till about 5.30pm and then sheer hunger gave way and I caved to 2 pieces of toast with cheese. And now I am full. Hmm more lessons...keep some carrot sticks ready. Again very happy with the day. I think I have done well. Looking forward to tomorrow

No comments: