The amazing race

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Official Weigh-In completed and we are officially open for business

So today I had my weigh-in and I am 123.78 kilos.

I feel in a better place in my head and I need to tackle this. My next weigh in will be on the 30th of October and we are going to try and do this fortnightly.

Tomorrow my plan is to try and be outdoorsy with my daughter and generally not slob around at home.Food plan wise I will aim to be between the 1000-1200 calories ball park. I know I can be healthier and it is time to beat that 123.78. I will do my best and try and think more when I am about to let the ball slip.

I don't know what else to write today. When I went for my weigh in, a massive woman who could not walk and had to be wheelchair bound was in the elevator with me. Although I was not disgusted or horrified, my heart did say a little prayer for her and wish her the best. But equally importantly, I am going to take the sight of this woman and turn it around from a fear in my head into a challenge to improve my own health.

I know that the challenge is going to be to get my plan off to a start as planned but I have decided that I will be doing my best to not think of the mountain I am climbing and just think of each day at a time. 

I have still not decided on whether I am going to go the VLCD way or 1200-1400 calories and I believe that right now that is not important because they are both challenging aims to aspire to. So I have decided that just for the moment I am going to aspire to being clean with my food and try and keep it in one or the other category. Even if it does not fall into either category, as long as I am eating in moderation and quite clean.

Things to keep in mind for tomorrow
  • Drink loads of water
  • Always keep something in the pocket for emergencies. 
That's it then. I am not going to make this complicated.I will sign off with wishing myself all the very best.

No comments: