The amazing race

Sunday 13 January 2013

2013 here I come - this time we are going to get there

Hello 2013 - since the last time I blogged - I have been extremely naughty and am now paying the price for it.
 - I have not been to gym for a month now
 - I have eaten very very very badly. ..And yes I mean very badly
 - I lost my mojo
 - I may be getting it back but not sure

Xmas came and went and I continued to celebrate and now I feel like every body part is hanging around me and continues to move after I have stopped. I feel big and lumpy and dowdy and lack the self confidence these days which is a change from how good I was beginning to feel.

I have drawn up contingency plans and made some rules of engagement. I wrote a sugar diary from the 1st of jan onwards for myself and also my husband who thinks that there is something wrong with some part of me that is not working as I work out so very much. However, time and again I have said to him that he does not see me eat when we are not in front of each other.

My Sugar Diary
01 Jan 2013 - 1 rum and raisin bar - a whole 15 cubes
02 Jan 2013 - Almost one whole bag of easter eggs at work - felt yucky
03 Jan 2013 - 1 rum and raisin bar, 2 pcs almond cake, 2 smoothies - yucky again
04 Jan 2013 - 2 brownies, store bought cold coffee, 1 crepe with sugar and lemon, 5 easter eggs
05Jan 2013 - white chocolate (cooking), 4 pcs bread and jam, 1 piece baklava
06 Jan 2013 - 1.5 pcs baklava, more white chocolate cooking buttons
07 Jan 2013 - white chocolate buttons and stuff I now cannot remember
08 Jan 2013 - White chocolate buttons
09 Jan 2013 - 1 strawberry jam iced donut, final bout of white chocolate buttons
10 Jan 2013 - loads of bread and jam, 1.5 pcs baklava
11 Jan 2013 - 3 iced donuts and 1.5 pcs baklava

So as u can all see, this amount of sugar is like living with a death wish. Which has helped along the way with my expansion. It is amazing how knowing you have a problem with one food type makes diarising it easier than writing a full on diary which can and has for me been very cumbersome in past. With the sugar, I have known for a while now that I have an issue with this food groups and i kept a pretty accurate diary of how much of it I was taking.

Hence I am finally thinking of going with a food plan that the revered Donna Aston drew up for me.
My weight then was 117.9 kgs and now it is 122 since I last weighed and have not gotten on the godforsaken scales yet in the new year. With the food plan she recommended, there is a nice balance although it does not seem like enough. I guess I eat so much now that anything less seems miniscule in comparison. Mind you, there will be some tweaking as she has recommended that I can use balsamic vinegar for my salad dressing but this has a lot of sugar so I will not be using it. Mind you, the menu is simple and not too complicated and has suggested that I tweak it to suit. I think for me the challenge is going to have to be the portions but hey this was never meant to be easy. When to start? Hmm lets get to that later.

 I did not want to go to gym but now I have and am feeling so much better for it. I feel like I have lost a lot fo energy and cannot lift as much as I could which is annoying. I am so sore - but then again - it will get better and it is not half as bad as I expected it to be. So I am now back at gym although with the complexities of my new place of employment, I will be finishing this set of sessions which means by febbish I should be in anew gym which is annoying but it is way too hard getting to the old gym. But that also later. Meanwhile the plan is to exercise 3 days a week regularly and try and go for walks the other days. All this should be down pat in another week or 2 max. I am also looking for a new gym closer to home which will save me a whole lot of time.

2013 a  year of change you reckon?

No comments: