The amazing race

Tuesday 19 July 2011

It annoys me when

It annoys me when people that have never had an issue with weight try and dish out advice about weight. For instance a family friend Mary (lets call her that anyway), a skinny waif (size 8) of a girl who has never had a weight issue ever or anything even remotely close to it. A few weeks ago we had a chat where she quite easily said it was unfortunate that I would never ever be able to lose weight as it was all about genes and with my genes this was impossible for me to lose weight!

A part of me wanted to punch her to bits in that instant - but then given that I do not consider myself a violent person, I merely punched her in my dreams and have since not bothered keeping in touch with her and the negative energy she brings. The point I am trying to make is that it really shits me when people like Mary and her ilk can make a statement like that particularly when they do not have enough knowledge of health and fitness nor any level of informed judgement before making one so easily. Then there is this other part of me that feels frustrated within myself for basically being a shining beacon of proof for her statement when all I want to do is to slap her face with proving her (and dimwits like her) wrong.

Anyway, that was my gripe of the day. News on this front is not good. I am now 116.5kilos which I have not been in a long long time. I am off sugar again and so will have to see how I go. I also have found out that I have to have an ankle reconstruction due to a 20 year old ankle injury which noone has managed to pick up thus far. So tomorrow I am meeting the surgeon and so lets see from there how I go and when we are to have this reconstruction. Yet another day where I will get told that I need to watch my weight and so on as the surgeon I am going to treats footy stars and all the super super athletes.

No comments: